Saturday, February 26, 2011

A gift to myself





The first room on my retired to do list is the living room. I purchased the rug last fall and after many trips back and forth to Ethan Allen trying to match a fabric I decided on this one. I love it, it's the Hyde sofa in camel velvet and I love how luxurious it looks and feels and I think it goes great with the rug.
The room was painted BM 1515 Natural after numerous paint chips and splothes on the wall. It was more difficult to pick out the paint color than the rug or couch!
Next project in the room will be drapery and the completion of my side of the road sideboard. More pics soon!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Mary this is gorgeous! I bet you are so happy to finally have it in your home. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    The couch was so worth the wait. It looks gorgeous with your new rug.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, your living room looks quite large and such pretty wood floors. I think you'll find the velvet pet friendly. We had a velvet love seat and chair and it didn't seem to attract the cat hair as much as other fabrics do.

    It was a long wait to find the perfect sofa, but it looks great and I know you'll enjoy it for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mary!
    It is just beautiful and so rich looking! I want to plop myself on it! The rug was a great choice and really grounded it all...Snuggles appears happy with the choice as well. I love your dark, round table to the right of the sofa!!! The wall color looks fine!! I like it. You did take some time picking that out! LOL

    I can't wait to see what you decide on with the windows!

    such rich colors in the rug -- keep dog and hubby off sofa:) xoxoo

    Congrats on a job very well done! You really took your time and it's obvious that paid off well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comments!!
    Shirlee, good to hear about your experience with the velvet.
    Richelle, I hope I don't take as long with the curtains.
    Dee and Becky, I'm so happy to finally have it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete