Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Snow Geese and Candlesticks? What do they have in common?




They are both white!
(Enlarge pics for a better view.)
I repainted the candlesticks to lighten them for spring, I think I'll add some moss balls for the season.
The flock of birds are snow geese that spent a few days at one of my favorite walking spots by the Walkill River on their migration back to Canada. There were thousands of them and they were breathtaking to see them fly enmasse.
Certainly a sign of spring!

4 comments:

  1. Mary,

    Your candlesticks look beautiful sporting their new whitewash finish.
    What great timing to be able to photograph the snow geese in full flight.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I love what you did with the candlesticks. I agree with Dee on the timing for the photo of the geese. Amazing!

    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be VERY proud of the way these turned out!!! Great job my crafty friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing over a year ago with my wooden candlesticks. They are white now and I LOVE them! The geese are gorgeous too! How lucky that you got to witness the migration!

    ReplyDelete